Meat Free Monday
Tomato, eggplant/aubergine and feta linguine
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 medium aubergine/eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 400g fettuccine
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) fetta, roughly crumbled
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the eggplant and onion on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray with olive oil spray, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes. Add tomato and spray with oil spray. Cook for a further 15 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain, return to pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add olive oil to pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta between serving bowls. Serve with crusty bread