Meat Free Monday
A very special Valentine’s recipe for you today.
Hazelnut butter grilled scallops with salad
For the scallops
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled, finely sliced
- 75g/2½oz butter, softened
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 45g/1½oz hazelnuts, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 scallops, cleaned
For the salad
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tbsp good quality white wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp good quality rapeseed oil
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 punnet pea shoots
1.For the scallops, heat a frying pan until warm, add the olive oil and shallot and fry gently until softened but not coloured.
2.Place the butter into a bowl and add the cooked shallot, along with all the remaining scallop ingredients, except the scallops. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
3.Preheat the grill to high.
4.Place the scallops onto a grill tray and top each scallop with a spoonful of the hazelnut butter. Place under the grill for 3-4 minutes, or until just cooked through. Remove from the grill and set aside to rest for one minute.
5.For the salad, whisk the mustard, vinegar and oil together in a bowl. Place the lettuce leaves and pea shoots into a bowl, drizzle over the dressing and stir to coat.
6.To serve, place three scallops onto each of 2 serving plates and serve with a pile of salad.
Chef: James Martin, Saturday Kitchen
Pingback: Meat Free Monday « Journeying Beyond Breast Cancer » Your Recipe Database